NB: Please check back regularly as we update this page with new information. Please contact all businesses for terms & conditions.
Metuchen Public School District
- The Metuchen Public School District, in partnership with its food service provider Pomptonian, has agreed to provide free lunches to the children of federal workers beginning at the end of this week (1/18) until their parents are paid again.
- Contact your school office or Deb Finden in the business office.
Metuchen Food Pantry
- Contact the Metuchen Food Pantry if you or your family has been affected by the furlough
- Collection boxes for food pantry items can be found at Borough Hall (500 Main Street), Metuchen Savings Bank & Community Nursery School
- Current food pantry needs: Canned meat (chicken, beef stew, spam), shelf stable milk, pancake mix, syrup, jelly, peanut butter, snack foods
- Donations to the Metuchen Food Pantry can be brought to First Presbyterian Church Social Hall (270 Woodbridge Avenue), Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
2 Chicks with Chocolate
- Free family activities/snacks/drinks for furloughed families
Be My Guest Meal Service
- Meal delivery service from Be My Guest Personal Chef services for up to 50% off weekly food delivery prices for employees affected by the furlough
- Meal orders are accepted Sunday to Thursday at 6pm and food delivery date is Monday
- Contact Be My Guest for discount code and specific information
Big G Movers
- Contact Big G Movers for specifics on offers & discounts for employees affected by the furlough
Bill’s Ineffable Automative
- Contact Bill’s Ineffable Automotive Rehabilitation for specifics on offers & discounts for employees affected by the furlough
CBT Center of Central NJ
- Copay will be paid (i.e., donated by the CBT Center of Central NJ) for employees with a Blue Cross/Blue Shield FEP plan affected by the furlough.
- Contact CBT Center of Central NJ for specific information
- Free Financial Counseling Session for individuals affected by the furlough
- Common Interests is a Holistic Financial Planning firm specializing in Sustainable, Responsible, and Impact Investing. You can schedule a consultation using the tool on our website: www.commoninterestsfinancial.com. This offer is available to all impacted by the shutdown, including those outside of Metuchen.
Community Nursery School
- Tuition deferral, discounted or waived fees for current students whose families are affected by the furlough
- Contact Community Nursery School for specific information
Creative Twist Events
- 50% scheduled events for January for families affected by the furlough
- Contact Creative Twist Events for specific information
- 1 month free membership for individuals affected by the furlough
- Contact CrossFit Finest for specific information
- Edgewood Properties will have deferred rental payments for renters
- Statement from Edgewood Properties
Friends of the Family Daycare
- Discounted fees for drop in, full or part time students whose families are affected by the furlough
- Contact Friends of the Family Daycare for specific information
The HOME Doctor NJ LLC
- If any Metuchen resident affected by the government shut down were in need of emergency maintenance or repairs on their home, ( i.e. bathroom or kitchen repairs, minor electrical problems or anything else that would negatively impact their lives on a day-to-day basis), the HOME Doctor NJ will donate time and pay for all the needed materials. Contact The HOME Doctor NJ LLC for specific information.
Jersey Girls Animal Rescue
- If you need assistance with food for humans OR pets, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have received information regarding assistance for anyone in need at this time and will put you in touch with the contact person.
- Visit their Facebook page for more details
- The YMCA of Metuchen, Edison Woodbridge and South Amboy is and will always be committed to helping build a stronger community for all. As the government shutdown continues, we are concerned for our community and Y members and friends who are federal employees. We understand how stress can mount when basic expenses such as food, housing and utilities become hard to manage when not receiving a paycheck. We want to be a resource to help those with these needs navigate through this difficult time. Federal workers, both YMCA members and non-members impacted by the government shutdown, are welcome to join us on a one-month free membership at our YMCA branches located in Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy. Information related to these branches can be found at www.ymcaofmewsa.org YMCA members who are government employees are asked to bring a proof of employment and a government-issued ID (i.e., driver’s license, U.S. passport) to any of our branches in January 2019. Upon presenting us with this information, one month of your YMCA dues will be waived. Non-YMCA members who present proof of employment and a government-issued ID will also receive a complimentary one-month Y membership. Financial assistance for other Y programs may also available on an individual basis. A key goal of the YMCA is to be a place where you can enrich your health, make friends, and find a place to belong, particularly during challenging times. Our hope is that you take us up on our offer to join us for a month in the hope that we will help you work through this challenging time. For more information please contact Bobby Kleinau, Vice President of Operations @(732) 548 2044 ext. 2211 or Bobby.Kleinau@ymcaofmewsa.org Rose Cushing President & CEO YMCA OF METUCHEN, EDISON, WOODBRIDGE & SOUTH AMBOY email@example.com
Purple Cow Cakery
- 50% discount on orders for individuals affected by the furlough.
- Effective for orders placed and fulfilled during the time of the government shut down. Valid only for those directly effected by government shut down. Contact Purple Cow Cakery for information.
- Contact The Scottish Dog for specials offers and discounts on pet food for families affected by the furlough